Monday, May 28, 2007

Morning=Productivity

Every morning I get up at 6am. I have a natural, biological alarm clock which I am not sure if it is a blessing or a curse. Normally I don't have a class until 10am so the first few hours of my day tend to be my most productive. There are a plethora of morning activities I choose from...

Rolling over and grabbing the book I was reading the night before
Putting on some good tunes (anything from Ginny Ownes to U2) and find something that needs cleaning
Going to market
Fixing a cup of some morning starter and catching up on emails
Turning on NPR.org and scanning the CNN.com websites
Grading the endless supply of student papers
Writing a postcard or letter to someone that I know will appreciate it but I will never hear back from (cough:family:cough)
MTV pilates workout
20 minute GRE study
20 minutes of flipping through my Chinese book (I wish I could call that study, but it is really just flipping)
Researching some recipe for a culinary masterpiece (or disaster!... I try a new recipe each week... this is the only New Years Resolution I have kept!)
Sitting down with the Good Book and having a little quiet time

My morning starters consist of orange juice, milk tea, or fake coffee... This summer I won't have to decide because it will be MILK!

Anyways, so I pick a few things and get started on my day. This morning I chose pilates and market.

Honestly, pilates does not get chosen every often, but I do feel better when it does. I brought my MTV pilates from the States which I am so thankful for because here you get Chinese dubbed exercise DVDs that throw all rhythm out the window. I love my mat that didi bought me a few weeks ago! I am a little more motivated now.

Going to the market is always enjoyable! Each morning between the hours of 6-9am there is a little vegetable market on the basketball court outside of my house. Then on Snack Alley there are vendors lining the streets and at the end of the street there is a bigger market. It is any farmers' market enthusiast's dream! This morning I was in search of some veggies for the jambalaya I am making for dinner tonight. I picked out tomatoes with my boss Mr. Tian. I acting out making dinner for my celery lady. I smiled at a group of mothers holding their children clothed only in split pants and I chased a butterfly with a little girl in a big puffy Easter looking dress. I was successful in finding everything I needed and only paid 4rmb. (50 cents American) It was a great market day!

All in all a fabulous and productive morning. Now I head to the toilet/shower combo room to get ready for class and the rest of my wonderful Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment