Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Shocking Discovery

So one of the differences in China and America are ages. Here is China when you are born you are considered to be one. In America you wait a year before being one. It always makes for interesting conversation. Last night included....
Brad is the youngest one of the bunch and when we first made friends with the KF4 we were surprised to learn Peach was older than him too. Peach and I both call Brad "didi" which means younger brother. It is kind of special. Brad even made Peach a cupcake for her birthday that said "23...older than me." Brad has gone 8 months calling Peach "jiejie" (older sister)! However, we made a startling discovery...
Peach is Brad's "meimei"! I know we have talked about age difference in front of Peach before, but last night I had some students over and we were talking about it again. It just clicked! Peach is 22 in America and 23 in China. What an outrage!!!! She keeps us on our toes for sure. I had to post about this new discovery because I was just so floored. I shouldn't have been though because it is Peach. She is alot like me... sensitive, klutzy, but lovable ;)
Not only am I sometimes on a different day than my American friends, but I guess I am a different age too...

No comments:

Post a Comment