Thursday, July 1, 2010

Indelible Grace

Last night I was fortunate enough to get tickets to see Indelible Grace at the Ryman. Indelible Grace is made of well-known Belmont graduates (and spouses) who take old hymns and give them new music. I actually had never heard of Indelible Grace, but knew of (and love!) Derek Webb, Sandra McCracken, and Matthew Perryman Jones who perform in Indelible Grace.

The concert was actually a hymn sing so members of the audience were encouraged to sing along. Growing up in a Church of Christ, I was blessed to learn many hymns. Hymns have such deep and rich lyrics that I think are sometimes lost in worship music today. It was great to sing songs that I love (including Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah and On Jordan's Stormy Banks) paired with music that I love.

Here is just a minute of last night's performance I found on YouTube.

Thanks Melanie for snagging tickets for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment