Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Favorite Summer Recipe

My favorite summer recipe...

Ravioli with Sauteed Zucchini and Squash

1 lb. cheese ravioli (I use Buitoni's... the small package for 2 meals for myself or the large package for a meal for 2 people and a small portion of leftovers.)
2 T olive oil
1 large zucchini
2 small yellow squash
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese

First, add ravioli to about 5 quarts of boiling water. Boil for 7-9 minutes. Drain and put in a big serving bowl. Then, heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and squash. I normally add a little salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and then cook for another couple of minutes. Then, add veggies to the ravioli. Toss with Parmesan cheese. Eat.

I have fixed this meal several times over the past 3 years and cannot get enough of it. I will say it is not a good reheat dish, but it also tastes yummy chilled.

Because I volunteer at the Farmers' Market on Wednesday afternoons, I can get my zucchini and squash for the meal then. Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing with your readers.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete