Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving!

Well it is officially the day after Thanksgiving here, but for most everyone else I know it is Thanksgiving Day. :) Just a little recap of my day...

8:30am- head out to pick up turkey (ended up having to drop it off at a restaurant to be cooked... my gas in my oven was out... ultimate domestic goddess status will have to be achieved another year)

9am- get back in taxi close to tears because our turkey was soooo cooked


10am- who cares about turkey? we had bagels for breakfast! thanks to allrecipes.com and Amy/Brad I was able to enjoy another Panera-sque meal. kudos!

11:30am- run last minute errands before spending the afternoon in the kitchen and set tables


12:30- 4pm- cook pumpkin pies, sweet potatoes casserole, birthday cake, battle the turkey problem with Amy, repeatedly say "I'm sorry" to Brad because my TVU player is not working so he missed UFC (points for anyone who understand what I just said...)

4-5pm- shower, clean and mop my kitchen! (I am not sure you can understand what a feat this is! one hour to do anything I pretty much pleased... talk about how far we have come from last Thanksgiving)

5:30pm- begin eating a fabulous dinner with our Family (yes, 5:30pm exactly when we planned... food all done, everyone arrived on time...beginning to rethink the fact that we are in China (not often does everything go this smoothly!)... last year I showed up 20 minutes late and food was not done!)

5:30 - 8:30pm- eat, sing some songs, talk about what we are thankful for, read Book all with family and love every minute of it!!!

9pm- settle down to watch Macy's parade...oops! did not account for all the times differences/schedules... I got a glimpse of the Kermit the Frog balloon on the news. will have to do!

9:30pm - now- say goodbye to Amy and Brad, climb in bed to watch a little Gilmore Girls, get back out of bed to plan class (oops it is not Saturday!) and blog because now I am on my second wind...

All in all a pretty perfect day!

So from our Family to yours...



May you have a memory making...


bone lickin' good...

Turkey Day!

Let's give praise to our Father who gives us so many reasons to be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment