Sunday, November 25, 2007

Baking Lessons

Earlier this week I was eating dinner out with some girls. We were talking about boys and food (you know normal things... both of which I have little understanding of...), and the girls asked if I would teach them how to make apple pie. I had made it last year around Christmas time for some of my classes and they remembered. I agreed. So at the insane hour of 8am on a Sunday morning baking lessons began.

I had everything prepared each couple had a pan, bowl and supplies in their own little area. (Did I mention that 2 girls turned into 8 boys and girls. The original 2 did not even come!!) I also printed out little recipe cards for them. It was a smashing success! 4 pies were made, students were happy, and nothing was broken this time. We also enjoyed listening to Christmas music, looking at Thanksgiving photos and catching a few minutes of the movie G.I. Jane. Each had a piece of pie and were sent home with more in tow.



After my students left, Amy and Brad came over for a turkey leftover lunch. I also tried my hand at a new Chinese noodle dish. Came out pretty good for the first time. The sedative in the turkey hit quick (and it was just an exhausting week) so I went to lie down. (After checking Auburn/Alabama score of course... War Eagle!) Sweet Amy and Brad cleaned my kitchen and I took a nap. I woke up feeling very refreshed! I had some Quiet Time, baked another cake for a friend's birthday, watched a little G. Girls and stared at my Christmas trees. Shortly, I will be heading out to meet Family and I am already ready to start another week.

1 comment:

  1. What is your address, dear? So we can send you your Christmas present?

    ReplyDelete