Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Talents/Gifts

Talents/Gifts.

This afternoon as I spend a little time quiet (also known as that hazy time after you wake up from a long nap) I am thankful for talents. Last night Brad, Peach and I went to our brother Daniel's house for dinner. After dinner Daniel played the classical guitar for us. We sat jaws dropped and listened to sounds that came from this crazy dear man's fingers and guitar. Amazing! People here have amazing talents. Amy has the talent of writing. Everything she writes is so elegant and thought provoking. Kim and Dawson both have the gift of music too. I always love it when they sit down at a piano. Katie and Brad have the gift of ministry. Both know exactly what to say to encourage,make people feel comfortable and loved. My Chinese friends blow me away with their bilingual skills! Today I received a paper lily from a student. How can one person sit down with just a piece of paper and create something so beautiful it looks like one of Father's creations itself? Talent.

My mother is an artist. She can paint a beautiful seaside or make a beautiful dress with no second thoughts. Her creativity always floors me. Now I am not near as creative as her, but I know she passed that gene on to me in some ways. I am thankful.

My father has the gift of being emotional. I have seen my father angry, cry, and love with fierce passion. I love that about him. I am probably more emotional than him in some ways, but I am thankful we have that in common. Just big old teddy bears.

Yeah, I am thankful for talents and gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment