Monday, November 26, 2007

A Beautiful Tree


We have some pretty incredible friends here. All of whom make my life more interesting and a lot more "colorful" as the students like to say.
Last year Brad introduced us to one of his students. She is great at art! In the past she has painted a picture of Brad (a little Asian looking and about 40 years old), a sculpture of a mermaid, and a painting of an American football scene (which she have never seen!!!).
Last night Chen Tao delivered a paint to me! She painted this beautiful tree surrounded by the Fruit of the Spirit in Chinese. It is sooo beautiful! The background reminds me a lot of Tennessee and for some reason my grandparents farm. I love it. It is now proudly displayed in my living room. How blessed am I for such an amazing piece of art, but more importantly for such a sweet friend.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beth! What a BEAUTIFUL & special gift! I know you will always treasure that! Miss you & love you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful!!! What a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete