Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Beauty.

This morning I am thankful for beauty.

Last night I watched the movie The Fountain and while yes it was totally bizarre in a lot of ways, it was extremely beautiful. Images of a tree, the main character Izzy and her life, the star scenes and even the music. Wow. It was the type of beauty you don't even talk about until it is gone... know what I mean?


Beauty can be found in the smallest of things. A pearl earring, the way some one's smile curves on their faces, a wrinkle of someone wise, the penmanship in a letter of someone special and the twinkle in the eye of a child, just to name a few. I think one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen was a tree (yes, I am totally in love with trees!) was on a trip to Mississippi with Momma. We got out close to Gulfport and saw the Friendship Oak tree. I walked around totally in awe of the size and just loved the way the limbs curved. Some went into the ground and made it even stronger.The shade it cast was perfect. I could have spent days sitting under this old tree. It was beautiful.


While I hate that saying "You need to stop and smell the roses" I think there is some truth to it. We should take the time to stop and see the beauty around us. To really appreciate just how much detail Father put into each creation. There is beauty in everything, we just need to stop to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment