Monday, April 6, 2009

Power

I have been going through Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest each morning. My grandmother has had this book in her bathroom for years, but it really wasn't until this last year that I really paid attention to it. It is a great book to meditate on using Scripture and Chamber's challenging thoughts.

This morning this really jumped out at me...

"Never associate the idea of martyrdom with the Cross of Christ. It was the supreme triumph, and it shook the very foundations of hell. There is nothing in time or eternity more absolutely certain and irrefutable than what Jesus Christ accomplished on the Cross— He made it possible for the entire human race to be brought back into a right-standing relationship with God."

Sometimes it is so easy to undermine the power of the Cross. In reality though, the Cross really should define the word "awesome".

Something to think about...

1 comment:

  1. Beth, Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost ..." has blessed my life more than any other man-written book. I have worn out two copies thus far!! I love you, Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete