Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Country Music Half Marathon

Back in January I signed up to participate in the Country Music Half Marathon. It seemed like a good idea at the time... in reality it was me falling to peer pressure (French Lemoners!) and thinking if 5 miles (Boulevard Bolt) was so bad then 13 miles isn't that much more. (Ha!)

I started training. It took me awhile to get to 3, but then I was able to work up steadily. I would get up early and run in the cold or make my way to the SAC at Lipscomb. For the most part, I enjoyed it. (Most part...) I had friends that would run too for awhile which was encouraging. Many dropped off, but there are still a few running strong (yea Marianna and Lindsey!).

Due to recent weeks events, my running has really suffered. I know it won't be possible to run the whole thing, but I am going to run as much of it as I can. I will crawl across that line if I have to. Money and time has been put into this race, but mostly importantly it was a goal I had given myself. I refuse to let it go.

So if you happen to be up between the hours of 7am and 10:30am, come out to the course and cheer! It would mean a lot (not just to me!) to the runners which have worked hard to get there.
Here is a link to the map...
http://www.cmmarathon.com/course_info.html

Looking forward to Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I forgot you were still doing it. What corral are you in? I am in 22 or 23. I'll be wearing a bright orange Dave Ramsey shirt, so look for me!

    ReplyDelete