Monday, April 13, 2009

Dingus Day

It seems as though I am always learning about a new holiday... what better reason to throw a ridiculous party!

Happy Dingus Day!

Yes, that's right... it's Dingus Day again. This Polish holday is a day of feasting, drinking beer, and an interesting ritual. Boys are to throw water on girls. I guess that is what happens after so much drinking.

One of my students at lunch today decided to celebrate Dingus Day by throwing milk all over his teacher aka-Ms. Quarles. Too bad he isn't Polish because maybe I would have let him off the hook.

Because I just heard of Dingus Day today, there will be no party this year, but looking forward to DD 2010. ;)

1 comment:

  1. That is a new one! Dingus Day??? Do you see a new line of Hallmark cards in the making?? Hope your Easter was special. Miss you & love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete