Sunday, April 11, 2010

Socrates

A few weeks ago I started looking seriously for a dog. I have been wanting one since early fall and with my move it provided the perfect opportunity to get one. (Plus a perfect yard!)

My friend Sarah told me about a rescue agency named Bonaparte's Retreat. She sent me a link and while scrolling my heart leaped at this...


After about a month of ups and downs and even a couple of tears because I did not think it was going to happen, Socrates came home to me on Friday evening. I am in love.

He has a lot of fear issues. Lots. I have not done anything this weekend besides read (finished 3 James Patterson novels) and hang out with Soc. Getting him to eat takes awhile. Getting him to go outside takes awhile. Getting him to come close for a rub down takes awhile. Patience will be my middle name. We did go to the park on Saturday morning to meet up with his friends. For the first time and only time so far I saw his tail up and wagging. It made my heart happy. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, I will have a happy dog. Say your prayers.

Since he also fears getting his picture made, these are the only ones I have managed so far.

Yes, those are his ribs. :(

One of his perkier moments...

What a handsome guy!

1 comment:

  1. I cant believe you got a pitbull! My sister in law got a rescued one too that was in bad shape and that dog is now the sweetest most gentle dog i know. pretty good considering what pitbulls can be like.

    ReplyDelete