Monday, April 12, 2010

Music City Roots

Last week I had some Couchsurfers from Portland, OR. Instead of going downtown to hear some music, we opted for going to Loveless Cafe. The Loveless opened a barn as a music venue last year. They now have a weekly radio program called Music City Roots. Great venue.

We enjoyed hearing Jill Andrews. She reminded me a lot of Meiko whom I love so dearly. Kingbilly (pictured right) was also good. At the end of the show, all the musicians came out for a jam. They sang/played "I'll Fly Away" in honor of the Biscuit Lady who passed last week. What a wonderful ending and I only wish that I would have a jam that great in my memory.

If you are in Nashville area, you really should check out Music City Roots. $5 with college id... and you know I love their logo. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment