Thursday, September 9, 2010

Family Vacation 2010: Gatlinburg

A couple of months ago, my parents called to invite/inform me of the Great Family Vacation of 2010. We would be going to Gatlinburg, TN for one week. It was the first big family vacation that I have been on in nine years!

Having two parents, six children, four significant others, and two grandchildren all in one place for a period of a week could make for pure torture, I am happy to say it was the BEST vacation ever. Really.

We took a old time family portrait, made good use of the indoor waterpark at our condo, had a goofy golf challenge, celebrated Jakson's 2nd birthday, go-carted, played games, hot-tubbed, strolled through Gatlinburg, made a crazy amount of U-turns in Pigeon Forge, visited the Christmas store, and caught up on life. I was blessed to be able to spend some quality time with Caitlin and Cameron while they picked out Cameron's wedding band. Justin and I had a day to ourselves on which we got to see a black bear!

Sadly, we had to leave on Wednesday night in order for me to get back to work. I ended up taking Wednesday off and I am so thankful I did. There are not many times that the whole family gets to be together and I am so thankful that this one was so special.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear your vacation went so well! Aren't families the best? See you soon!

    ReplyDelete