Tuesday, September 8, 2009

President's Education Speech

This morning, our class listened to President Obama speak directly to students.

President Obama is quite popular among students. Last year during election time, all of my students voted for him. There was a lot of excitement when he won the election. This morning there was the same air of excitement among the kiddos. Several of my students stood and clapped when they first showed the President at the podium.

I was quite thankful that the President's speech was simple enough for my students to understand. He spoke on the importance of student ownership in education. While my students do not understand the ins and outs of a political system, they do see a president who they can identify with (just based on background alone). He does offer them hope.

Now back to crabs and frogs... ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment