Friday, September 18, 2009

2nd

It is the morning of my second treatment, so a little update...

Physically: I will say I have felt much better physically this week. I drove to school a couple of days. Last night I volunteered at TPAC for Wicked. My muscles are not what they used to be. I pulled the Vespa out of the driveway the other night and swore it was the workout of the year. I cannot pour a gallon container without shaking. I am getting daily naps. Strong.

Emotionally: A doozy of a week. I have cried, gotten angry, been completely joyful, and happy. Bless this mess. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself... like when I see other girls playing with their hair or when I have to miss something at night because I am just too tired. Sometimes I am thankful for the lessons I am learning... to just say "no" sometimes. I feel loved though. Ridiculously loved.

Work: I do love my school! My kiddos have been super good this week. The smell of crabs and frogs has overtaken the 4th grade hallway. It is not for the faint of heart. Maggie and Beth have been so kind to take the kiddos when I have had to leave early this week to get some shots/meds. Today, "Mr.Bateman" will be subbing. The little monsters love him and I am thankful he is around. I am currently at school trying to wrap up some things for the week and get some things together for next week.

Anxiety has taken over to some degree. There are no plans for the weekend and nothing pressing to take care of, but I still feel anxious. Hopefully that will disappear after my treatment. A song came to mind this morning as I tried giving myself a little pep talk. It is one of my favorites and we used to sing it often in China. (Brad also shares a deep love for this song.) It comes from Isaiah 43...

When you pass through the water I will be with you,
And the waves they will not overtake you.
Do not fear for I have redeemed you.
You are mine.
For I am the Lord Your God.
For I am the Holy One of Israel,
your Savior.
I am the Lord. (Do not fear.)
I am the Lord. (Do not fear.)
I am the Lord. (Do not fear.)
I am the Lord. (Do not fear.)
I am the Lord.
When you pass through the fire I will be with you,
And the flames they will not overcome you.
Do not fear for I have redeemed you.I
have called you by name.
You are mine.
I am His.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great song.

    Will be praying for you today!

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete