Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chipperness

So this morning on the way to school we made a little pit stop at Sonic. (Those Route 44s are a blessing for dry mouth!) The girl who brought my Cherry Limeade was ridiculously chipper. She asked if we were having a good morning and I think I might have glared at her. (Thankfully she could not see my face.) Could not help but stare at her as bound off to do her work.

When I got to school, I walked into my classroom, letting out a huge sigh. "Do I have to be here today?" I am tired. After piddling around, I got to thinking, "what could make me as exuberant as the Sonic carhop?" I pulled out my Good Book for my morning refresher and this was my passage today.

Psalm 117
1 Praise the LORD, all you nations;
extol him, all you peoples.
2 For great is his love toward us,
and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever.
Praise the LORD.
I am no Sonic chick, but I have good reason to have a little more bounce in my step. Talk about a reason to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment