Monday, June 15, 2009

Mexican Deliciousness

One reason I have come to love weekends is because I actually have the time to cook. We have had a surplus of veggies lately which have made for some good eating! Sunday night dinner though was particularly fun and yummy.

Amy and I spent Sunday evening making Mexican and dancing to Rodrigo Y Gabriela. Amy made her fantastic guacamole. I am addicted! We made lentil tacos. I made Mexican rice. We were pleased with the final product. I just enjoyed being in one of my favorite places (the kitchen) with my dear friend.

Recipe for Mexican Rice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
2 teaspoons paprika
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 pinch cayenne pepper
3 green onions
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup pre-cooked corn kernels
2 small tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup ketchup
2 cups cooked rice
salt to taste

In wok, heat oil and all spices. Add onion and green peppers and let saute for a couple of minutes. Add corn and tomatoes. Let tomatoes' juices run. Then, add ketchup and rice. Mix well. Heat thoroughly.

(FYI - recipes can be done easily in China...)

No comments:

Post a Comment