Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ellie's Run

On Saturday morning, I ran in my third race of the year... Ellie's Run for Africa.

Ellie's Run was the dream of a 10 year old girl named Ellie who heard a missionary from Africa speak. 2009 was the fifth anniversary of Ellie's Run. Money raised from the races go to schools and medical care in Kenya. Each runner receives the name of a person who they are running for. This year I ran for Vincent Kaguni, a student in Kenya.

The race was held at Percy Warner Park. It was my first trail race. I really enjoyed running with a crowd of all different ages in a very different setting.


Race was complete with African drumming, human rights activists, "Abba" Java, and lots of educational booths about happenings in Kenya.

Another race I plan on doing again...

No comments:

Post a Comment