Thursday, May 14, 2009

Afternoon Break

With summer break literally around the corner, my kiddos are losing their minds quickly. Or maybe just their teacher is. There is SO much to be done! Final grades, testing, cleaning, packing (moving to a new classroom), etc. Needless to say, my patience is wearing thin.

In order to keep my head above water, our class took a much needed break today. The sun was shining, weather ideal, and we needed to be outside and be silent. We all (including me) took a book, laid in the grass, and disappeared into quietness for awhile. Our attitudes were much better for the rest of the afternoon.

Sometimes you just literally have to stop and lie in the flowers. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love laying down on the grass and read its so calming :)

    btw, thats a very nice photo :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful thing! We all might do well to slow down from time to time and enjoy nature & a good book! Love you!

    ReplyDelete