Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cirque Du Soleil

One of the things we wanted to do while in NYC was to see a Broadway play. We stood in line for discounted tickets for about an hour only to find out that tickets to a select few shows with open seats still cost about $100. The shows offered were nothing we thought would be worth paying that for. Instead we opted to go see Cirque Du Soleil.

Cirque's winter show is called Wintuk. We all sat truly amazed at the performance. The storyline had to do with bring snow to the city. We watched juggling, tightroper walkers, clowns, rollerbladers, bikers, gymnasts, and acrobats who all performed with more grace and beauty than I have ever seen in "circus" performers. The sets were spectacular. Music was so fitting and I wish I could have bought the music to play daily. There was one set with ribbon acrobats, cranes (men on stilts), beautiful lighting and music that seriously almost made me cry because it was so beautiful.

The show ended with snow falling onto the audience with of course great music. I felt like such a kid because I was in such awe.

If you ever get the chance to go see a show by Cirque I would highly recommend it... What a great evening in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment