Monday, June 9, 2008

Key to Life... Letting Go.

Sometimes I find myself afraid of being still and listen to Father speak to me. I guess because I can often see parts of my life I still have not turned over or surrendered to him. This passage from C.S. Lewis' The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe kind of sums up my thoughts...
"He'll put all to rights as it says in an old rhyme in these parts;Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.You'll understand when you see him."

"But shall we see him?" asked Susan.

"Why Daughter of Eve, that's what I brought you here for. I'm to lead you where you shall meet him," said Mr. Beaver.

"Is - is he a man?" asked Lucy.

"Aslan a man?" said Mr. Beaver sternly. "Certainly not. I tell you he is the King of the wood and the son of the great Emperor-beyond-the-sea. Don't you know who is the King of Beasts? Aslan ia a lion - the Lion, the great Lion."

"Ooh!" said Susan, "I'd thought he was a man. Is he - quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion."

"That you will, dearie, and make no mistake," said Mrs. Beaver; "if there's anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking, they're either braver than most or else just silly."

"Then he isn't safe?" asked Lucy.

"Safe?" said Mr. Beaver; "don't you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you."
I am a lot like Lucy and Susan. I have not always "pictured" the King correctly. While I should fear, I should not be afraid of letting the Spirit work in me. He wants good things for me! I should not be afraid of letting go...
Today I was hit with this... (Amazing how things can just pop out at you even though you have read them many times...)
"For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it." Matt 16.25
Talk about direct instruction for finding the good life...
Letting go= Good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment