Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Give Me Some Water!

Just by stepping outside your door, you can tell it is summer in Yichang. For the past couple of weeks, we have been itching to get in some water. One afternoon Brad, Amy and I decked in swimsuits headed to a pool in town only to be told it would open in a month.... Who opens a pool at the end of June??!!? This past Saturday though we got our wish.


Saturday morning about 25 of us rented a bus and headed to a small gorge area for some swimming. While it was definitely the coldest day of the past couple of weeks, that did not stop us. It really is a great outing because it gives us time to spend with our students and our students get to know each other. This time I invited some of my 3+1 students and I was so glad I did. They cannot stop talking about how much fun they had. Little do they know that it was one of their teacher's favorite days too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment