Monday, October 25, 2010

Storms and Porkchops

Last night my sister Hannah came over for dinner and to watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition Gilmore Girls. Storms were passing and when you don't have cable tv that means only weather is on, so we put in Gilmore Girls dvd. I have enjoyed spending more time with Hannah. She is growing up.

I successfully cooked my first porkchops ever! I was a little nervous as I am with all meats that I cook for the first time. It is funny that I get more nervous about nicely packaged and labeled meats in America than the slabs of different and unlabeled meats in China. Anyways, if you plan on cooking porkchops anytime soon, you should try this recipe...

Basil Porkchops
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. basil
dash of salt
1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
2 T veggie oil
4 boneless porkchops

Mix sugar, basil, salt, cajun seasoning and 1 T of veggie oil together in a dish. Rub mixture over both sides of all porkchops. In large skillet, cook porkchops in 1 T of veggie oil over medium heat. (About 8 minutes on each side.)

Hannah and I liked the chops a lot. I even got a "great!" from Justin which is rare. ;) Yea for stormy nights, little sisters, and good food.

2 comments:

  1. I love pork chops! This looks delicious ... did you use fresh basil or dried?

    ReplyDelete