Monday, October 18, 2010

Race for the Cure 2010 (Arkansas)

On Friday afternoon, Justin and I headed west to Little Rock, Arkansas. We were meeting his family for the Arkansas Race for the Cure. This is a six year tradition for them and a second year tradition for me. That race is the 3rd largest in the world. (That means a lot of pink!) And you know you are in Arkansas when women wear pink duck decoys on their heads for breast cancer awareness!

While in Little Rock, we ate at Bosco's, walked in RFTC, napped, went to the Museum of Discovery (super fun!), shopped at Ten Thousand Villages (another tradition!), and visited the Old Mill. Of course, we loved playing with his niece. She is at such a fun age.

On the way back to Nashville, we stopped in Memphis and got to visit with my friends- Marcus, Mandy, MJ and baby bump Emma Paige. It was so nice to see old friends who have meant so much to me. We ate dinner at Westy's (and missed out on their famous Fudge Pie... what were we thinking?!!?). Justin and I also ran into this cute shop call Red Fish Gifts. That might have to become a tradition too. :)

This week is fall break for me so I will be cleaning, cooking, and just relaxing. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment