Friday, December 18, 2009

The Nutcracker

Last night was one of the best nights I have ever had. Truly.

Thanks to a grant, we were able to snag free tickets to The Nutcracker. Beth, Maggie and I picked some kiddos and planned an evening of ballet and dinner for them. A little early Christmas something. :) I was excited all week, but it exceeded my expectations.
A local church allowed us the use of their bus and provided our group a driver. We started the evening with some homemade goodies and milk in my classroom. Then, all of us loaded the bus and headed downtown. The kids were excited by the sight of the city decorated for Christmas. We took some pictures and then managed to find seats on the 5th row center.

I only wish everyone could have seen my kids. So precious! Two were literally on the edge of their seats during the show, oohhh-ing and aahhh-ing. My heart was so happy. During intermission, I read the storybook to the ones sitting close to me. The show was magical. It was also my first time to see a live ballet so I was pretty entranced by the whole thing as well.
After the show, we went to Old Spaghetti Factory for a late dinner. The kids enjoyed seeing the train car and eating Mac and Cheese. The boys got tickled and we girls enjoyed laughing at them. Beth, Maggie, and I could not stop commented on how happy we were and how our cups overflowed.

After dropping the kids off and when I finally managed to fall asleep, I am pretty sure I still had a smile on my face. Such a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment