Thursday, October 15, 2009

Relieved

On the way to school in another downpour I was relieved.

This time last year, I taught in a portable. On a day like today it would have had hundreds of little muddy footprints all over the place, students (and myself) would be slipping from the gathered water puddles on the floor, and the constant wet/dry clothes from tromping to the school building for activities.

Now I sit snugly in my big classroom. We can watch the rain from our tiny window and proceed with our day nice and dry. Sometimes we don't even realize it is raining. Strong.

Saying little prayer of thanksgiving this morning...

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how much the "little" things make a difference? Glad you are safe and dry without the wet feet, bookbags... Gratitude! It's a wonderful state of mind! Love you!

    ReplyDelete