Thursday, October 29, 2009

Don't Judge Me...

My iTunes account is looking a little uncharacteristic of my amazing taste in music.

Here is what I downloaded today...

I and Love and You album by the Avett Brothers (what took me so long?!!?)
Thriller by Michael Jackson (classic... one day I will learn the dance)
Life Let Go album by SafetySuit (really, really love song "Find A Way"... It is on repeat for hours!)
"Peanut Butter Jelly Time" by Chip-Man (this really is a song)
"Single Ladies" by Beyonce (oh, it gets worse my friends...)
"Boom Boom Pow" by Black Eyed Peas (you will find me doing Zumba moves in my classroom now...sigh)
"Cupid Shuffle" (haven't listened to this yet, but judging my 4th graders love for it, I will probably hate it)
"The Boys Are Back" from High School Musical soundtrack (cringing!!!!)
"Party In The USA" by Miley Cyrus (there are no words. truly.)

I own a Miley Cyrus song. Endtimes must be near. ;)

In my defense, the last songs are for my 4th graders dance party we are having this afternoon. I was to make a "clean" dance mix of songs they like. Talk about a difficult job.

Yesterday, I took up a piece of paper from one of my students that had the lyrics to "Kiss Me Through The Phone." ELL students cannot say "thank you" but "sexy" is one of their favorites. Sigh.

This mix cd task made me feel old for a second. Who is this Soulja Boy guy? What is P.Diddy's name now or is he even still around?

Thankfully, I snapped back to the reality that it is not a bad thing that I don't know these songs and artists. It means I have good taste. I find comfort in the fact that my radio only knows Lighting 100 and NPR. My iTunes is chock full of great tunes from Springsteen to Journey to Ryan Adams to Coldplay. Dave Matthews Band and The Features will always be my favorite bands. And Justin Timberlake is my guilty pleasure. ;)

Don't judge me...

1 comment:

  1. The Swell Season has a new album out... there are apparently samples of the songs on their website.. but I have no sound at work.

    ReplyDelete