Thursday, February 5, 2009

grad school is delicious!

So I am really enjoying being in grad school. (Most of the time anyways...)

I am working on a research project looking at how homelessness affects academic performance. It is really interesting and I hope to find a way to expand this into my huge academic project.

For my Internet Applications course, I feel like I am working on Facebook type things on steroids. It makes me realize how tech un-savvy I am. This working we are using a site called Delicious. I absolutely love it! It is a great way to keep up with all of those sites I look at and want to remember. Plus, I can see what my friends are looking at too. I cannot tell you what a valuable tool this is for me as a teacher. I can search through other teachers' sites, do a keyword search, and get reviews. For those of you who have been using Delicious forever, please excuse my little knowledge of site, but I am totally geeked to find this program!

How did people teach before the Internet?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment