Thursday, February 26, 2009

Angels and Angles

There have been moments while teaching that I begin to think my desire for 12 children has died, but then there are moments like today when I just think about what a joy it would be. Sometimes they are little angels.

Today, we learned about angles... right, acute, and obtuse. After writing definitions, making them with our hands, arms, and partners, I decided we should use our legs. The kiddos got confused about acute and obtuse so what does a teacher do? Join them of course. All 16 of us lied down on the ground and made angles. The kids struggled with obtuse saying it hurt their stomachs. I always knew those pilates workouts would come in handy! They were also impressed that Ms. Quarles could put her legs over her head. ;) Amy (the best classroom helper around!) wished she had her camera when she turned around and all 16 of us had our rear ends in the air. I am sure it would have made a great picture. After a good workout, we all left with a good understanding of angles. I had a good time and I think the kids did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment