Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Farewell Bash

Last night we had some of our favorite people over for a little goodbye bash. After finally persuading our Chinese friends to use their fingers to get food (they eat sandwiches with gloves on!), turning on some music, and having a little toast, everybody started relaxing. It was so wonderful to be surrounded by the people who have made my time in China so special.


I have great students,
great friends,
and great Family
.

I did pretty well considering how emotional I am until it was time to say goodbye to these boys. My Monday night boys. My first class in China. We used to cry together because we missed home (the first couple of weeks in China) and last night we cried because we will miss each other.

This seriously has been the best two years of my life. My uber amounts of tears just show how much I love this place and these people. It was a good season.

No comments:

Post a Comment