Monday, October 8, 2007

Milk Eve/ National Milk Day

Our first day in Xian we decided to map out our week and chill. Because it was Milk Eve we went in search of the perfect cup of milk. We headed to Metro (the German Supermarket.)





Now you all know my quest for milk is not something I take lightly. While the milk we found was no Beijing pure stuff, I would rate it 4 out of 5 stars. The first gulp has a bit of an aftertaste but if you just keeping swallowing then it changes a little. Take into consideration it was in a bag. It was however cold and could have an expiration date so I was happy.




The struggle to actually drink milk turned out to be more of a struggle than we thought. Because the milk was in a bag, but in my quick looking I found no straws. Brad and I used nails, teeth, strength of two people, but we were not getting into the bags. Finally, this sweet Chinese woman who had been staring at us for the past 10 minutes comes over to help. She breaks out her keys and goes to town. We drank milk... Heavenly!





After downing a bag as fast as we could we got ready to head back to the hostel. Instead of keeping all the bags in the original box we decided to put them into a backpack. Guess what I found at the bottom of the box? Straws... opps! The rest of the week the milk was much easier to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment