Saturday, October 20, 2007

It's The Small Things

So I am just sinking and burning on technology these days! I have lost my cord that hooks my camera to my computer. Really stinks because I have some classic, never-going-to-live-that-down pictures to post. I will clean my office tomorrow. ;)

I did lay claim to some new domestic diva skills today.

This morning I proudly finished sewing on the star on my Halloween costume with a local tailor. He made the skirt and I got to sew on the star. You can tell what he did and what I did, but it was a moment that we shared and could appreciate the work. (I was appreciating his minutes of work in what would have taken me days and he was appreciating the fact that he will never again agree to let a foreigner use his sewing machine!) Just a little work to finish the rest of the costume...

Yichang has McDonalds, KFC and a Pizza Hut, but you know what they don't have? Panera... so we decided to bring Panera to Yichang. Katie and I started our quest about 11:30 this morning. We attempted to make bread bowls. At 6:30pm Amy and I put in the last pan of bread bowls. Altogether we made 7 bowls that might fit 3 spoonfuls of soup in them. They are bread bowl texture worthy. Strong. Also, made pumpkin cream cheese muffins, but due to extreme amount of time baking bowls did not cook yet. They will sit in my fridge for the night and smell my kitchen up tomorrow. :)

Just a little note to my sisters (Emily, Caitlin and Hannah)... Tonight I watched Casper (well a little because I fell asleep), but I digress... I missed you three girls like crazy! Remember when we used to quote that movie all the time? I used to freak out scared. Emily and Hannah would quote Fatso. Caitlin would just laugh, not breathing at all of us. Those were some good times! Wish I could have watched it with you all this year. Miss you.

1 comment:

  1. The internet is down at my house and I am reading your blog from Panera...that made me smile! Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete