Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Almost Undetermined...

So it is Wednesday. Mid- way through my determined week. Here is how things are going...


Monday: Classes went well. I was invited to go eat with some students for lunch which I really enjoyed. I am really bonded with some of my students from my "bad" class. Then with all sincerity of taking my nap I came home and laid down. I woke up in a panic. "What?!?! I slept in my clothes?!?!" I looked at my watch 4:30pm. Sigh of relief. Panic again... I had slept for 3.5 hours! People were coming to eat bread bowls and soup which I had not made yet. I called Kim who quickly came over and we pulled off a pretty decent dinner. Because we had so few for our study I took the time to study my new Chinese with Katie and talked with Jumping a little. It turned out to be quite a useful time! (Try saying shizijia 3 times fast. I can't even say it once correctly.) I typed up a little gift and then was in the bed by 11:30pm. Not so according to plan...


Tuesday: Class went well. Had a nice lunch of leftover pizza and listened to Brad read a book. I ended up traveling out to White Market to buy some items for dinner and then rode home with the most unpleasant man I might have ever met. I was in tears by the time I got home. Then I made tortillas. This is a much easier said than done project. However I was pleasantly surprised at the experience. It was much easier than most times. Then my day continued in a downward spiral. The school vetoed one my class plans for no good reason at all. The water was turned off for two hours (right when I was making dinner...) Then my sink broke altogether. My toilet died. I had to go to a neighbor's house. You try explaining toilet in a language you don't know. (I am admitting right now I have lived in China for over a year but can't say toilet. I can say crab... "pangxie") Without a sink and toilet and company coming over I called superwomen Katie and Kim. We ended up taking dinner to their house. Thank goodness it was taco night. That made everything somewhat worth while. I came home and started cleaning my office and desperately looking for my camera cord (still MIA). Crashed about 11:30pm.






Wednesday: Solved the problem with my school. (Thanks Amy for the backup!) Class went really well today. A kid said I looked like a mother and I gave him a hard time about it. Student thought I was really upset and wrote me a wonderful apology letter. Opps! My lunch date canceled so I sat down with potato soup and Gilmore Girls.Nice. Got dinner for girls weekend booked at about 1/4 the original price. Super sweet. Then while I was out talking to Peach, my student called. A group of about 20 were coming over for dinner and a movie. They were supposed to come at 4. It was 2:45. I ran home and threw everything out in a cupboard. While cooking my sink really fell apart. A flood started! (Did I mention my toilet was still not working???) I called desperately while my students watched the movie. The Madame (our repair lady and Brad's future wife...just kidding...sort of) came over. She stood watching the repairman while I tramped through the water taking garlic bread in and out of the oven while my students watched a movie while two of my male students were sleeping in my bed. (Only to be found out later and will be the first to class from now on or will have quite the punishment which I have not thought of yet.) Anyways, flood drained, toilet repaired, movie finished, spaghetti delish, students gone and Beth sits down. Ahh...What happened to that determined nap? (My toilet is broken again.)


Some days you just feel like this... Still in good spirits though considering the chaos that had been my week. Maybe even back on the path to determined.... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment