Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh Mooncakes!

Yesterday was Mid Autumn Festival... you might remember last year when I wrote about the horrid mooncakes...

This year I received 5 bags of mooncakes! Not 5 mooncakes, but 5 bags! Most of my Chinese friends don't even like them...
Last night for weekly Tuesday night dinner we had chicken and rice (Thanks Nana!) and then I made my own version of mooncakes... cupcakes with moons painted on them. I must say I enjoyed this tasty treat much more... American mooncakes. :)

Mid Autumn Festival is also a holiday where people send texts wishing you a happy day. This year my favorite was from my friend Kristy. She wrote: "oh, im 2 tired!!! i fighted with the sun all day long today to grab a moon for u, but the sun definitely say NO. so i trample into a mooncake with extreme anger!! pls accept it as a little gift, and happy mid autumn day."

1 comment:

  1. You can get mooncakes on www.asiansupermarket365.com. They sell the world's most popular mooncakes - Hong Kong Wing Wah and Lin Heung Mooncakes.

    ReplyDelete