Thursday, September 20, 2007

"May It Be Everything To Everyone"

As Kim and I make it home from a long afternoon at the nail salon, I receive a phone call asking if I want to go to the Vienna Boys Choir concert... Really?!?!? In Yichang, at Three Gorges University??!?! Of course!
(A little excited...)


A group of us girls head to dinner a little sad because there are only 2 tickets and about 6 of us that want to go. By the end of dinner we had gotten a phone call saying there were 8 tickets and they would be delivered to us. Vienna Boys Choir! I mean WOW!!! Talk about an experience you don't get everyday...

(dreaming of these angelic voices...)



Walking home from dinner I am in a giddy mood because hey, I am going to see the Vienna Boys Choir. I could just hear their sweet precious voices in my head. Because we are in such a good mood we start quoting "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." (It was funny to me!)

Then when we were almost halfway home we ran into our delivery man... Upon looking at the tickets I immediately fall to the ground laughing. I am sure that everyone had thought I lost my mind. On the ticket was pictures of ballerinas. Yet this being China, there was still a 50% chance in our minds that the Vienna Boys Choir would still be there. I was still a little excited because I have never been to a real ballet before! I made the "Tiny Tim" comment to Amy and Katie that I hope that it would be everything to everyone... More serious fits of laughter...


We get to the auditorium to find out that yes it was ballet. No it was not that good. Definitely no Vienna Boys Choir! After having a lot of trouble figuring out the story behind ballet and thinking to myself "This is not a real ballet" so I would scar myself for life, it turned out being "everything to everyone." The played Italian Opera for Dawson, Irish Step Dance for Katie, Roxanne for Amy, Gene Kelly Singing in the Rain for me and Yangtze River Opera for Jian. Still not a quality performance, but decent enough to make some good memories...

Yeah, that ain't no Vienna Boys Choir...

(sorry if that was one of those "had to be there" moments, but I thought it was pretty stinkin funny!)

No comments:

Post a Comment