Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Girl, A Motorcycle And A Tree

Not too many adventures during the first week unless you count the following...

My living room happens to be pretty big. Exciting it is not. I have the standard wooden bench couch, two wooden chairs, television on coffee table and another small coffee table. This accounts for little of the space in the room. I decide it needs some sprucing up. It needs to feel homey. I decide a plant would do the trick.

A plant.... some of you might already be concerned because of my past track record with living things (Who-Dey the tiger dog and Wasabi the crab)... why on earth would a plant be a good idea? Still not sure, but the experience was worth it.

After lunch one day, Peach, Jumping and I hop on motorcycle taxis to head to the greenhouses behind campus. We stroll through the grounds and our impatient taxi men join us after awhile. Everyone had advice for me. I did not listen much (could understand anyways) and found a tiered tree that I liked. The taxi men were quite insistent that I should buy 2 trees. I bought 1.

After making my purchase, comes the question that I should have thought about before... how do I get the tree home? Opps. After much debating between greenhouse boss, taxi men and girls (while I sit back thinking how much easier this whole experience would be if I were at Tom Thumb in Green Hills!), the decision is made. On one motorcycle will be driver, tree and Peach. The other will have driver, Beth and Jumping. We load up the first bike to make sure it will not fall over and then head back to campus.

Where else in the world can you see this?

Driver carries my new tree up four flights of stairs and places the tree in living room. Once again he shakes his head and tell me I should have bought 2. I tell him that he would have had to carry the second one up for free. He says I made the right decision. Everyone leaves. I sit on my butt-numbing couch and enjoy the greenery of my new living room until I have to melt the ice that has built up in my air conditioner by filling coffee cups up of hot water and making a huge mess when I pour it into the AC...

Another problem for another week...

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you got the tree back to your apartment, hysterical!!!

    Missing you,
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete