Monday, November 22, 2010

Tradition! Tradition!

Over the weekend, Amy and I drove to Gatlinburg, Tn for the 2nd annual China Reunion.

We stopped in Cookeville to see my sister Caitlin and Amy's family. I'm so glad that is becoming an annual pit stop.

Friday night was spent catching up with our friends and watching You Tube videos. (Another tradition!)

Saturday morning, we ate brunch at Apple Barn (tradition) and went to play putt-putt. The score card said Brian won. The girls then did a little shopping while the boys headed back to the cabin. I fell in love with a kelly green pea coat at Old Navy, but sadly they did not have my size. After shopping, we headed home to cook a Chinese feast. Feast it was! It had been a long time since I had some authentic Chinese and I ate like it had been. (Note: When I say "please take the todu si away" that really means I am going to have another plateful.) I thought that we would all fall into a dinner induced coma, but I was wrong. Way wrong.

The next four hours were spent playing Toy Story Mania on Wii. Let me just say, don't knock it til you have tried it. Super addicting and super fun. It ranks up there with Christmas. The next morning my arm was sore. The only break was for a Tim Tam Slam. Tim Tams are these Australian chocolate cookies that you bite off opposing corners and then slurp up some coffee through before shoving the cookie in your mouth. It is an art.

Sunday morning, we spent time singing and lifting each other up before God. (A little cry fest tradition) This group of people is very honest with each other and I truly wish we all lived in the same city for more small group time. Each time we all walk away encouraged and with a renewed sense of hope and love. I am so thankful for Amy, Jeremy, Brian, Rachel, Danielle and Heidi.

Of course, the trip could not end before a visit to Christmas Village. (Tradition) Apparently, I have a new love for partridges in pear trees. I don't know where it came from, but everything I loved was a partridge in a pear tree. I settled for a cute tree ornament (tradition of getting an ornament wherever I travel to) and a glass bottle of Cheerwine (a North Carolina soft drink).

After saying goodbye to our sweet friends, Amy and I stopped in Knoxville for some Christmas shopping. I found the pea coat in my size! $35. Major score. We stopped again in Cookeville to have dinner with Caitlin. We managed to get home by 10 pm.

A weekend of tradition. A weekend I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment