Monday, May 17, 2010

Summer & Music

My favorite season is almost here.... SUMMER!

Summer means patios, porches, long talks with friends, road trips, Vespa excursions, and of course concerts!

Last week my concert season began (thanks to the lovely Katie Mac!) with Barenaked Ladies and Ingrid Michaelson. I grew up listening to BNL in middle school and was ready for that throwback. They played a lot of their newer (and more serious) stuff so I did not know a lot of the songs. However, I LOVED an impromptu version of the bluegrass song "Like A Fox" with a local guy. Ingrid was only disappointing in her chatter about seeing up her dress. Her music... Love it.

On Wednesday, I will be seeing Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin, and Dave Matthews for a benefit concert at the Ryman. Most of you know about my obsession with Dave (and band). Can't wait. Truly.

The Features, my favorite local band will play on May 29. It has been awhile since I have seen them. I guess when you hang out and tour with other bands like Kings of Leon, your grassroots beginnings are left behind. The Features are playing for a breast cancer fundraiser. Even better!

Yea Summer!

Also, I thought I would share my "beginning of summer" playlist.

Something Good This Way Comes- Jakob Dylan
New Morning- Alpha Rev
Burning Down The House- DMB (it is a cover)
The Outsiders- Needtobreathe
Everybody- Ingrid Michaelson
Comfortable- John Mayer (how did I just now come across his very first album?!?!)
Crack The Shutters- Snow Patrol
Heart of My Own- Basia Bulat
Young Folks- Peter Bjorn
Brand New Day- Joshua Radin
Litzomania- Phoenix
Daylight- Matt & Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment