Sunday, May 2, 2010

Flood of 2010

It started out as just another rainy day. I went to Fido's with a bunch of girlfriends to catch up. Tiffany is in town and wanted to go see some family out in Franklin after brunch so she borrowed my car to head South. I came on home and took a little nap. When I woke up, I discovered there was mayhem in Nashville. The Great Flood of 2010.

Water rescues, raging rivers through backyards, etc. all in Nashville! Where I live over in East Nashville has not been bad. Just lots and lots of rain. Constant rain. Some wind.

Poor Socrates is struggling. He has basically been indoors for over 24 hours. He has chewed on everything he can get too including my dresser. Any time the rain lets up, we head out, but it does not last for more than a few minutes.

Rain, rain, go away, Socrates wants to play!


I did have a tiny bit of damage, but nothing compared to so many.

Gutter in back of house was already kind of disconnected from house, but now really is.

This tree is struggling to keep up. It is tied to stakes that I have to go fix anytime rain lets up. Not sure it will make it.

My next door neighbor had some wind damage. Some big limbs fell onto the doghouse.


But we really are lucky. My neighbor took this picture of 8th Ave looking towards downtown and the Farmers Market. Water there is about 10 feet deep at the deepest part. Yikes!

The rain is not expected to stop until around 8pm tonight. School is canceled for tomorrow. Tiffany and my car are still stranded in Franklin. Guess there is nothing for me to, but clean house and work on school stuff.

Ciao, from the city of Nashlantis!

No comments:

Post a Comment