Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reading Parade

This past week was Read-Me week at school. We had dress up days. Visitors came and read to our classes. We even had a book character parade!

Students and teachers dressed up as book characters and a few students were nominated to march around the school while classes sat out in the hallway. It was so much fun! The kids got so excited and were talking about books they wanted to read after the parade. The kindergartners were so precious, I wanted to take all of them home with me. We will be doing this again next year.

My class voted David Shannon's A Bad Case of Stripes as our parade book. We had the cutest banner! I painted the kids faces to look like Camilla's faces throughout the book. While we did not win, we were pretty stinkin' cute if I may say so.

If you have not read A Bad Case of Stripes, you should. Ms. Quarles' class loves David Shannon!

No comments:

Post a Comment