Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

The 4th of July was a little different than I was expecting. Visions of a beach in Mississippi fell by the wayside, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Amy and I spent the morning having "Barnes and Noble" time.... meaning we settle down to read a good book. I finished Me Talk Pretty by David Sedaris. Quite witty and entertaining. (Could have used an edited version.)

In the afternoon, I went to my parents to visit with family. It was so nice having my sisters in town! We rarely are all four together, but there is something special when we are. Aunt Marie, Uncle Gary, and cousin Brett were also in town. Fun catching up!

I came home to hang out with Amy and Justin for the night. The downtown fireworks were pushed up an hour early because of impending storms. We managed to find a nice little spot on a hill at LP Field parking lot. The view was so nice that I will probably just go there from now on rather than fighting my way through crowds. About 10 minutes into the show, the floodgates open. Rain poured through my raincoat. We all looked as though we had just gone swimming. The show continued and we stood in the rain watching. It was great! After the fireworks, we came home and had an impromptu dance party. ;)

Because I have been in other countries (China, Scotland, and Italy) for several fourths, this was the perfect day to have some "American memories." Happy Birthday America!

No comments:

Post a Comment