Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mini-Break: Cincinnati

On Saturday after mailing in my research paper (sigh.), Amy and I headed to Cincinnati. My heart just felt lighter with every mile away from Nashville. It was so nice to have a small break!

The weekend was spent mostly just talking and catching up. There were trips to Skyline (yum.), church with family, birthday celebration of Willis (yea.), Greaters Ice cream (yum again.), a Yao Ming documentary, Brad's life planning session, and lots of naps for me. I seemed to fall asleep everytime we sat down. It was a little hard to get used to Brad's manners again. (His mother did a great job of raising him.) It was so good to be together again with both Amy and Brad.

Of course, we could not leave without doing something ridiculous, so we went to Northern Kentucky University to catch Barnum and Bailey's circus. Sadly, it was not the greatest show on earth. (Maybe I am biased because I did have a whole circus for my birthday!) The ringmaster did not have a moustache and there was a trained porcupine. Guess times have changed... It was very colorful and fun to take photos of.

Now, it's back to reality and work again. So thankful for this mini-break!!!! Spring break is right around the corner and with that come trips to Dallas and Washington DC. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment