Sunday, August 31, 2008

To Market, To Market...

Saturday morning after making chai lattes and grabbing my handy green Publix bag, Tiffany and I headed downtown to the Farmers Market. It was a first for both of us. I have been really craving some fresh veggies, but they just tend to be so costly at the grocery. (I always end up with Mac and Cheese instead.) Jess and Katy ended up meeting us there and we spent a fabulous morning at the market.
The Nashville Farmers Market is close to Bicentennial Mall. It's open everyday for produce goods. On the weekends there is a flea market at the other end of the campus. In between the flea market and the produce market, there is a food court and international market. When I say "international market" I mean all things Indian. It was quite the disappointment from the Chinese/Oriental standpoint, but if I only knew how to make Sooraj's mom's meals, I think I would have been in Heaven. The produce section was fabulous! I got squash, garlic, zucchini, onions, and peaches for less than $12. The peaches would have cost that at the store! There were beautiful arrangements of flowers, cakes and breads made by the Mennonites, and fresh squeezed lemonade. The baskets lining the market were so colorful that it could make anybody's day a little brighter just by looking at them. Yea for Nashville Farmers Market! I will be a consistent patron.

No comments:

Post a Comment