Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Whew... weekend adventures!

This past weekend was quite busy...

Friday night we had a swing dance party for Amy's birthday. Swing dancing is to Amy as milk is to me! Important!!! All of us girls had new skirts made for the occasion. Students and other teachers turned out for the big night. We rented a dance studio room on campus and decorated it like a high school dance complete with Christmas lights, balloons, dancing quotes and some pictures of Amy dancing with her friends back in the States. Amy taught us some moves and then we did the Cha Cha Slide and Macerana. I think everybody had a great time!





Saturday morning Katie, Kim, Brad and I got up early and headed to Wuhan for the weekend. Once getting there we all headed out in our own directions. I spent the weekend with Janell and the Lewis girls who were in town visiting. We had dinner at this amazing Hawaiian restaurant, the Aloha Diner. They had chicken enchiladas and milkshakes. I even got a peppermint Oreo shake!!! Heaven! It is always interesting to hear what all is going on in other cities and around the country. Good things are happening!!! Wish I could write more...






On Sunday after saying goodbye to the girls, I met back up with the others. We tracked down some medicine for Brad... that was huge blessing! Went to Metro to get some supplies and went back to Aloha Diner. For the first time ever I was thinking we had made a successful trip to Wuhan that was also fun! But oh no... then came the bus ride home... What was supposed to be a 3 and half hour trip, turned into a late night/early morning excursion. We got on the bus at 8:30pm and got home at 2am! Yikes! The bus was cramped, hot and we had an accident when we got into the city limits. However, I can say it was a great weekend...


1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! It sounds like you have been having lots of fun! Amy's party sounded great! I am looking forward to you coming home!!! You are in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete