Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Cozy Christmas Welcome

I have never been fond of wreathes. I am not sure why. I have never owned or wanted to have one. That was until this year.

Last week, I stumbled across a gorgeous yarn wreath at The Little Things We Do. I saw another oh-so-cute wreath that would have matched my bedroom at Kirklands. That got me to thinking... Maybe my dislike for wreathes is like my dislike for eggs. I don't like eggs unless they are made like Nana's/I make them. Maybe I dislike wreathes unless they are simple and unique/I make them. That led me to the decision to make my own.

Yesterday at Hobby Lobby I picked up my supplies. Luckily, they were having a sale!

Styrofoam wreath $7.99 $3.99
Skein of yarn $3.29 $2.08
3 pieces of felt 83 cents 41 cents
Sprig of berries 99 cents 49 cents
Yard of red ribbon 43 cents 22 cents
Total Cost $13.53 $7.19
(I also used pearl-head pushpins that I already owned.)

I googled "yarn wreath" and found several tutorials for free. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to make. Most of that time was spent wrapping the yarn around the wreath.

I love the way it turned out!

One step closer to a cozy Christmas...

2 comments: