Wednesday, January 21, 2009

memoirs

Over the past year, I have grown deeply interested in listening, reading, and sharing the lives of some remarkable women. I have had some of my dearest friends really struggle to find their place in life because of their passions/gifts and the fact that they are women sometimes conflict. It has really given me a lot to chew on. (Don't worry, I am not becoming a super-feminist. However, my eyes are opening to a lot of things.)

I am about to start a new challenge with the HerStories group. Over the next four months, I will be reading four memoirs by women. I make my own selections and then write reviews of the books I read.


My Selections
With Roots in Heaven by Rabbi Tirzah Firestone

Anne Frank: The Diary of A Young Girl by Anne Frank

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver

Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far by Amy Grant






1 comment: