Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On the Flipside

Last night I walked out to the mailbox after community group. I had put on my winter coat for the first time and when I slipped my hands down into the pocket I found a $5 bill. I moseyed to the mailbox and pulled out a postcard from Kim in Vietnam, securing the worth of my walk in the cold. I breathed in the fall air and could not help but think is this what it means to be on the flipside of bad luck?
You might remember me writing about how I seem to procure the most unfortunate things in my daily life, but ladies and gentlemen life has just been too good recently. I made an "A" in my philosophy class, a 99 on Lavender's midterm (!), made great new friends,found a church where I can be challenged and centered, have found two different community groups to study with (the girls and then the intentional group), got a job that I love and come to love more each day, and my students were complete angels during and the scheduled and unscheduled observations yesterday. It is just too sweet.
I don't really believe in luck. I can't say all of this is coming about because my walk with God is great. (Sometimes the times I seem to really be going strong in the Lord, the rest of the world seems to be crashing around me.) Whatever has happened, I am so thankful. It is so nice to crawl into bed at the end of the day and fall asleep with a smile on my face.

(Note: I still have my "China" moments. This week I have missed Peach fiercely. I also find it harder to be in Quiet Time here in the States. It seems like I let that slide all around my calendar. Encourage me to find and stick with a regular time.)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that things have been going so well for you friend!

    Love you,

    Tiff

    ReplyDelete