Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful: Voting


Today I am thankful for the opportunity to vote.

This was my first voting experience in Kentucky and I will say it just did not feel as patriotic. I was able to walk three buildings down to my precinct. Nobody was campaigning and there were no signs. I walked in and was asked for my ID before I even got to the table. No wait. In fact, nobody was voting when I went! Made my choices and walked out. No sticker. So I took this picture to document my experience, but it had nothing to do with the voting area as it was in a different room. When leaving the building, I was then hit on by a man sitting on the steps. (Convo went like this... "Did you hurt yourself when you fell?" "I didn't fell." "I meant when you fell from Heaven."... Yep, it happened.) It made me miss good ole Nashville where people are handing you stickers and trying to change your mind all the way to the door. 

Still glad that I took the 2 minutes from my day to let my voice be heard. I would have gladly done it even if it took hours.

God bless America. May God bless our future president.

(Fun fact of the day: In Kentucky (and South Carolina) you cannot sell/buy alcohol on Election Day.)


No comments:

Post a Comment